www.africagovernanceinitiative.org (our Website) is a website operated by The Tony Blair Governance Initiative (AGI). AGI is a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England and Wales with company number 06779669 and is a registered charity with the Charity Commission of England and Wales under charity number 1132422. Its registered office is 50 Broadway, London SW1H 0BL.
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
AGI processes your data for the following purposes:
• to keep you informed and obtain your views of each of our activities;
• to achieve the charitable objectives of AGI;
• to provide you with information about services available to you through AGI, and third parties connected with us either as directed communications or newsletters;
• to provide you with information about the activities of Tony Blair and the activities of The Tony Blair Sports Foundation, The Tony Blair Faith Foundation and information about the work on Tony Blair on Climate Change;
• transfer to HM Revenue and Customs in respect of any Gift Aid claims;
• to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
• to provide services requested by you and any related communications;
• to recommend products and services that we believe will be of interest to you;
• to update our records;
• to analyse trends and profiles;
• for audit purposes;
• to detect or prevent fraud;
• to transfer to other organisations connected with Tony Blair;
• to transfer to service suppliers who undertake processing on our behalf, at our direction or otherwise;
• to permit third party research organisations to question individuals registered with us in respect of surveys and/or consultations;
• to transfer any personal data to any other regulator or government body as required;
• to communicate with you by email or other form of electronic communication;
• for the administration of your registration with us (if you have registered us); and
• statutory and regulatory compliance.
We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us using any media or in person. We may also collect personal data which relates to you from third parties.
If a statutory condition applies allowing us to process your personal data and you withdraw consent to process your personal data this will not necessarily mean that we cease to process your personal data as we may, for example, be under a statutory duty to process your personal data.
Any personal information you send to us will be treated in the strictest confidence.
We may continue to process your personal data after you have ceased to be registered with us or after you have provided information to us or we have sent you any information you have requested.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect any sensitive personal data through this Website. However, if you provide us with sensitive personal data in your communications with us, we will process such personal data for the purposes outlined above.
Sharing Your Information
If you do not wish us to share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes, please write to the address set out below.
You have the right under the DPA to request that we do not process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. If you would prefer that we cease to send you direct marketing information please write to the address set out below.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website. This can include using a ‘cookie' (pieces of information that are transferred to an individual user's hard drive for record keeping purposes). At the present time the cookie stores any information which you enter into our Website, this includes name, address, phone number and e mail address. It is possible for us to retrieve the information stored in the cookie.
We use ‘cookies' on our Website to enable our system to recognise your computer and allow us to see how you use our Website. Most browsers allow you to stop receiving cookies. The cookies function by saving your passwords and site preferences - as a result it is possible to speed up your future activities at our Website and allow us to provide you with information specifically tailored to your interests. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. To modify your browser settings click on the help section of your Internet browser and follow the instructions.
European Economic Area (the EEA)
Please note that information displayed on our Website or sent to us over the Internet may be transferred outside of the EEA, where data protection laws are not as strong as within the EEA. If you have any concerns in relation to such transfers, you should not use the Internet as a means of communication with us.
Our Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to our Website. For more details of our policy on third party websites, please see our Website Terms and Conditions.
Any personal information that you transfer to us via our Website is protected by Semantic Messagelabs. This security system encrypts any information sent to us to ensure that your information is as secure as possible.