Who we are: The Office of the Quartet
The Quartet, is an informal diplomatic contact group set up in 2002, consisting of the United Nations, the European Union, the United States and Russia. Its mandate is to help mediate Middle East peace negotiations and to support Palestinian economic development and institution-building in preparation for eventual statehood. It meets regularly at the level of the Quartet Principals (United Nations Secretary General, United States Secretary of State, Foreign Minister of Russia, and High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy), as well as at the level of Quartet Special Envoys.
The Office of the Quartet (OQ) consists of a team of policy advisors based in Jerusalem. The policy advisors are either seconded or supported by partner countries and organisations, or are employed directly by the OQ.
This advisory team works closely with all levels of the Palestinian Authority, the Government of Israel, the international donor community, Palestinian civil society, and the Palestinian and Israeli private sectors.
The OQ Advisors are led by:
- Kito de Boer - Head of Mission
- Sandra Wijnberg - Deputy Head of Mission
- Johan Berggren - Chief of Staff (seconded by the Swedish Government)
OQ Advisors based in Jerusalem and Gaza are:
- Saleh Aboukamil - Business Development and Investment
- Fuad Bateh - Infrastructure Advisor on Water (supported by the World Bank)
- Jean Benedict - Business Development and Investment (supported by the US Government)
- David Dick - IT Sector Advisor
- Ariel Ezrahi - Infrastructure (Energy) Advisor
- Nick Gardner - Construction and Building Materials Advisor (supported by UNOPS)
- Neil Kritz - Rule of Law Advisor (supported by the US Institute of Peace and by the Government of the Netherlands)
- Enas Abu Laban - Private Sector Development Advisor (ICT)
- Andrea Mangiagalli - Director of Finance and Operations
- Feras Milhem - Rule of Law Advisor (supported by the Government of the Netherlands)
- Ranan Al-Muthaffar – Business Development Adviser (Light Manufacturing)
- Hadi Abu Shahla - Development Advisor (based in Gaza)
- Tim Williams - Movement and Trade Advisor (supported by the New Zealand Government)
- Hatem Yousef - Trade Facilitation Advisor
The advisors are supported by a team of professionals in administration, operations and security.